Countdown to Mommyhood

 Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dear Baby, Pink or Blue? Love, Mommy

Dear Sweet Baby,

We find out tomorrow if you are a boy or a girl! I can't begin to tell you how very excited we are to find out! I'm certain you are a boy but your Daddy is equally certain you are a girl....I guess we'll know in 12 short (or very long) hours.

If you are a boy, I hope you look exactly like your Daddy looked when he was a baby. He was the cutest baby ever and grew up to be such a handsome man. He had blonde hair until he was 6 though. Hard to believe, huh? If we end up with a blonde baby I will be completely shocked since we both have olive complexions with brown hair and brown eyes. If you are a boy, you will be honored with being named after the best person that I think ever lived, my Grandpa Perry, your Great-Grandpa. He passed away 10 years ago from Alzheimer's Disease, but he had the sweetest spirit of anyone I've known. He was always calm and truly appreciated the simple things in life. Your full name will actually be John Perry, but you will go by Perry. The John part comes from Daddy's Grandpa John. He is still living and is a wonderful man too. He used to be a veterinarian. Impressive, huh? We both thought it would be neat to name you after both of our grandfathers. You will have a lot to live up to, but we know you will surpass our expectations.

If you turn out to be a girl, your name will be Elle Sofia. It's not after anybody but it's classy and elegant. I have always been in love with the name Isabella, but it has taken off in popularity over the last 2 years, of course! It's been #1 and #2 on the baby name list ever since the movie Twilight came out. Growing up I always had at least 1 other Kristin in my class and my name was very common. Your Daddy and I both agree that we want you to have a more unique name than Adam or Kristin ever was for our generation. That's where we came up with Elle. It is unique (not even in the top 100 names), but not totally out there. It is beautiful but your name will never be as beautiful as you!

When I was first pregnant, I had a dream that you were a little girl walking in a field hand-in-hand with Grandpa Perry. You looked to be about 4 and had long, wavy, brown hair that was flowing in the wind. You were wearing a light pink dress and you were both grinning ear to ear. I do believe that you (girl or boy) were in heaven spending time with Grandpa Perry before you were conceived, so the dream felt very real. If you turn out to be a boy, then I will always think that it must have been your younger sister that will come later. :-)

If you are a girl, you will always be dressed super cute with matching bows everyday. Your Mommy and Daddy will be broke! If you are a boy, then I'll be a little more picky about what you are dressed in. I'm not really into trucks and sports emblems being all over clothes, and let's face it, there's a surplus of that stuff out there. I will look all over to find you the cutest polos, plaid shorts, and hats. The kind of hats like your Great Grandpa Perry used to wear. And, we'll still be broke! ;-) If you are a boy, you will have an old-fashioned Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter nursery. If you are a girl it will be shabby chic with pale pinks and ivory colors. I can't wait to start shopping!

You are such a blessing from God and have already brought such joy and fulfillment to my life, my precious baby. This is the last day I have to wonder what you indeed are, a boy or a girl. Your Mommy and Daddy love you so much and can't wait to see your gorgeous face and beautiful heart beating tomorrow at our ultrasound.

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Suz and Mark said...

Just Beautiful....

Jen said...

I love your post! I'm also due on October 15, and we find out June 1!!! We aren't sharing the name until we find out! Praying for you!
Love,
Jen